Nassau Dwarsstraat 37
BTWnr: NL 8599.43.719 B01
Banknr: NL57 KNAB 0258 8372 68
Our privacy statement
Personal data that are sensitive to privacy are processed via the website of Rope-Mate www.rope-mate.com. This information is called personal information. We consider careful handling of personal data of great importance. Personal data is therefore carefully processed and secured by us. Our employees and third parties engaged by us are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your data. All changes and / or changes to the website may result in changes to this privacy statement.
In our processing we comply with the requirements of the privacy legislation. That means, among other things, that we:
• clearly state the purposes for which we process personal data. We do this through this privacy statement;
• Try to limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data needed for the set purposes
• you first request explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
• take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information and also the requirements of parties that process personal data in our instructions;
• respect your right to provide your personal data for inspection, correction or deletion
In this privacy statement we explain which personal information we collect and use and for what purpose. We advise you to read this statement carefully.
Use of personal information
When you use our website, you leave certain information with us. That can be personal data. Personal data is collected by us in various ways. For example, you can order items through our website, where we ask you to provide us with some personal information to complete the order.
It is also possible that you approach us with questions and / or complaints by mail, e-mail or telephone. We will contact you in that case to handle the question or complaint. Finally, we may collect information from you through competitions and other actions you have participated in, or if you have participated in a market survey or customer survey.
In addition, data can also be collected via social media channels (such as Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest), for example when you contact us to ask questions. In that case, we only use your account name so that we can respond to your message.
• Name and first name (first names);
• (Invoicing address;
• Date of birth;
• Phone number;
• E-mail address;
• Your surfing behavior on the website, including mouse and click behavior and the duration and time of your visit on our website;
• Payment details;
• Purchase history;
The above data is used for the following purposes:
• to offer you the possibility to order articles via our website and to make use of all functionalities and services on the website;
• to process your order and inform you about its progress;
• to communicate with you by sending digital newsletters and / or mail;
• to offer you personalized advertisements and content on the website of Rope-Mate and third party websites based on your interests and your (online) purchase history;
• to send you personalized newsletters based on your interests and your (online) purchase history (see also the heading profiling);
• to process your data for possible participation in competitions and other actions, so that we can reach you when you have won something;
• to answer your questions or to handle your complaints via social media, e-mail, by mail or by telephone;
• to improve (at an individual level) our website, shops, assortment and our services both in-store and online. We do this on the basis of: your preferences, executed market and customer surveys and the use of our website by visitors;
The provision of these Personal Data for the purchase is mandatory and a necessary condition to conclude an agreement with Rope-Mate. If this information is not provided, Rope-Mate may not be able to meet the obligations that we have under your agreement or we cannot properly enable you to meet your own obligations.
Your data will be kept for up to seven years after making a purchase for analysis purposes and commercial purposes such as repeat purchase suggestions.
Provision to third parties
In certain cases, Rope-Mate will pass on personal data to third parties if this is necessary for the implementation of the purposes stated in this Privacy Statement.
When the product is purchased online also:
• Hosting party of the website including the developer;
• Payment provider, for taking care of payments and refunds;
• Review partner, for inviting customers for a review of the purchased product.
Furthermore, we will not provide the data you provide to other parties if you have not given permission for this, unless this is legally required or permitted. For example, it is possible that the police will request information from us in the context of fraud investigations. In that case, we are legally obliged to provide this information.
In principle, Rope-Mate does not pass on Personal Data to countries outside the European Economic Area or international organizations, unless this is necessary for the execution of the purchase agreement. Should this happen for other reasons, Rope-Mate will determine whether there is an adequacy decision in the sense of the applicable regulations, and if such a decision is not there will only be communication of Personal Data if there are appropriate or appropriate safeguards . In situations of passing on Personal Data you can request a copy of these documents via [email protected]
If you have given permission for this, we can send our newsletter by e-mail. With every communication along this route an opt-out option is included if you no longer have interest in our newsletter. You can also report your cancellation to our customer service.
We combine your personal data from different sources with each other, in order to offer you the best online shopping experience. We do this by linking various information about you, your purchase history, as well as your surfing behavior on our website on various devices, such as your computer, smartphone or tablet. It is also possible that we supplement or optimize your data with data from public sources such as sources where you have given permission for the use by Rope-Mate. We only do this when this is legally permitted.
By combining your data from different sources, we can display personalized offers and personalized content on our website or third-party websites that match your interests and purchase history. For example, we can personalize the newsletter in this way for you. In this way we can make better and more targeted offers.
If you want to use all functionalities on our website, it is necessary that you accept our cookies. On your first visit you will see a window with which you can accept the cookies. You do this by closing the report or by continuing on our website.
Do you want to delete our cookies or do you want cookies to stop at all on your computer? See here how to disable cookies in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome.
Security of personal data
Rope-Mate attaches great importance to the security of Personal Data. We are also required by law to ensure the proper security of your Personal Data. For this reason, we have taken the following appropriate technical and organizational measures, including and where appropriate, to protect your Personal Data:
• Personal data are pseudonymised and data carriers encrypted;
• Handling a good password policy;
• Setting up authorizations;
• Personal data are stored on Rope-Mate servers or are adequately protected at suppliers with which Rope-Mate has concluded a processing agreement;
• Processing of Personal Data must be recorded in a register;
• It is possible to guarantee the confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of the processing systems and services at all times;
• Establishing a procedure for testing, assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of the security measures at regular intervals;
• It is possible in a physical or technical incident to timely restore the availability of and access to the Personal Data;
• Rope-Mate uses certified SSL connections (the Secure Socket Layer - Protocol) for the website during the ordering process and all contact forms.
Changes to this privacy statement
• We may change this privacy statement from time to time. Changes will be published on our website. It is therefore advisable to consult this privacy statement regularly, so that you are aware of these changes.
Access and change your data
If you have provided us with personal data, you can contact Rope-Mate customer service if you wish to inspect the data that you have registered by Rope-Mate and for the removal or any corrections if these data are incorrect or incomplete.